Saturday, March 14, 2009

CJ's last tournament

I CAN'T believe that CJ played his LAST game today. He's played hockey sense he was 6 years old. It's just a given that he has a tournament almost every other weekend. I will miss watching him play... but it's been such a fun 12 years. He is such a natural at this sport and he is so talented at it. We'll see if he chooses to play in college and maybe go farther in hockey after his mission. This weekend was a lot of fun watching him and his team play. They flew up to Salt Lake for regionals. ( A big tournament at the end of every season.) They played well and worked hard.

Nick ( not really sure what he's doing. haha) and me. 
Some of CJ's biggest fans.... 
 
Ashley and Lance. Haha. We like Lance. 

The Beifuss girls came too! 

The last game he played was this morning, and it was absolutely out of control. The refs were NOT good. The head ref was out of his MIND. He called SOOO many penalties on our team... like, he made up his own penalties. Seriously. I've watched THOUSANDS of hockey games and have never seen anything like this. There were 5 guys in the box at one time a FEW times during the game... that's a WHOLE line. If you understand hockey, you'll know that this is just stupid.  We are NOT a dirty team... we play by the rules. Sure, we get penalties every now and then, but that's normal. We averaged 8 penalties a game this year. This morning,... we had 43 penalties. That's right. 43!! WHO IS THIS REF and WHY is he a ref?! The crowd was going crazy..... even the opposing team was wondering what the ref was doing. He was out of his mind, seriously. I felt so bad for the boys b/c this was their LAST game of the season, and it was the most stupid game EVER. We had more penalty minutes than we had game minutes. One kid got a 10 minute penalty for talking to his TEAM on the ice. WHAT is that? 

I took a picture when the ref kept putting 5 of our boys in the box... OUT of control. 
It's ONE thing if we deserved the penalties... but anyone with eyes ( except the ref obviously) would KNOW 99.9 % of these penalties were not legit. 


When there was 2 minutes left in the game.... my brother got kicked out. 
Here's a little bit of footage of that...
 ( we were cheering b/c it was all starting to get funny instead of serious.) 




right after he was kicked out... the ref wanted to send 2 MORE players to the box.... ( we already had 5 in there.... it was like that the WHOLE game.) SO.... the whole team skated over to the box. I have a picture to prove it. Never in my hockey history have I ever seen anything like this. I mean... this is a AAA Midget Major U18 league. The next step for these boys is college and juniors. That ref should have called a HOUSE league. OR he should go get a job at McDonalds. I felt bad for the boys... but they were in good spirits. 


Way to go Dallas! I'm proud of you CJ. 



3 comments:

acos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
acos said...

DUDE for real so jacked up. that footage is awesome. i wish you would have gotten the whole thing. or when the boys all skated over to the box. hahah so rad

acos said...

DUDE for real so jacked up. that footage is awesome. i wish you would have gotten the whole thing. or when the boys all skated over to the box. hahah so rad