I must say, last week was one of the best weeks of my life. Nick and I had the opportunity to go on a cruise to Mexico. McKell and Jason went with us. We all had the time of our lives. Not to rub it in or anything, but there were times when we would all be soaking up the sun in our swimsuits on the beach thinking " I feel bad for everyone in Utah right now." It seriously was SO nice being away from the snow and cold. Nick was in PURE heaven. We were SO grateful we were able to go on this cruise and make memories together. The boat was so awesome. The workers sure know how to pamper you. We seriously ate probably about 400 lbs of food each. haha. SICK I know, but it sure was awesome. All you can eat, 5 course meals. WOW. I loved just hanging out in the warm sun all day long. I also loved spending quality time with my husband. We had so much fun together. McKell and Jason added so much to the trip! We spent most of the time laughing and having fun together. During our down time on the ship, we played Monopoly. We got so addicted, we played at least 11 times. ( The girls dominated most of the games. The boys tried SO hard though. :) We got to see a few comedians and magicians. We also played family feud and watched the newly wed game. So much fun.
We rode on the Sapphire Princess which took us to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas. My most favorite was Cabo. The beaches were beautiful and the water was amazing. We loved using our spanish down there. It really came in handy. The cruise was 7 days long. We could have stayed longer. I highly recommend a cruise to each of you. Treat yourselves. You deserve it. :)
Bear with me with all the pictures. You know me though.... I love pictures. :) I figured you'd like to see what all we did. On the way down, we slept in Vegas. Nick had never really been to the strip before, so we walked around a bit and rode ALL the roller coasters on the strattosphere. WOW. Hands down one of the scariest rides I've ever ridden. I say a couple of hours on the strip is PLENTY. :) I'm sorry Samye for not being able to see you guys! Next time!!!

See what I mean? Even the boys were almost scared to tears.

This is one of the 4 pools on our ship.

I love him.

I want Nick to write a whole separate blog about his version of the trip. Especially about all the WEIRD things he chose to eat that week. This is a plate of duck meat. He also ate snails, frog legs, squid, hen, and lots of other weird things. His excuse was he wanted to get his money's worth. haha. I stuck with the basics.

Here we are, eating like kings and queens. So spoiled.

Nick's nick name on the cruise was "the professional dancer." We went up to the dance floor a few nights in a row, and EVERYONE immediately loved him. How could you not? He seriously was so cute out there, completely in his own little world, dancing his heart out. I give him props for being that way, cause I sure am not. Even the DJ thought he was a professional dancer. The asian kids in the back ground were Nick's possy. Seriously.

Here we are, the famous monopoly players on the ship.

SO BEAUTIFUL. This was our first stop in Mexico, Puerto Vallarta.

We did the jungle canopy tour.... zip lines. It seriously was such a blast! Some of the zip lines were a quarter of a mile long and REALLY high in the air. We were flying over trees and rivers. It was absolutely beautiful and a lot of fun. I highly recommend this to everyone.

McKell, coming in on the zip line.

Afterwards, we got to play with monkeys and lizards. This little guy tried to get his hands on anything he could. It was so funny. They asked us to not bring drugs or our wallets in, because the monkeys were notorious for stealing them. haha.

This was seriously so cool.


Our cruise ship. Amazing.

The beautiful water in Cabo San Lucas. I took this when we were sitting on a boat.

I love Heavenly Father's creations! They're just breathtaking.
Look how cute this little guy is.

I was so tempted to get some straw and sticks and start building Nick and I a house. I could have stayed there forever. Here we are in Cabo.

This little kid couldn't have been older than 5.

We had the time of our LIVES!

5 comments:
Such cute pictures. What a fun trip! A cruise looks fun, but I think I would go stir crazy on the boat!
oh, but there's so much to do! :) It's like a miniture city on a boat :)
Heather and Nick your dad and I are so happy that you were able to go and have this special time in your life memorable. Besides getting married this will be a memory you will cherish the rest of your days. You will look back with sweet tender memories. Nothing like a great honeymoon after you get married! So glad you two cuties had fun! love you guys!
ps.....just remember us though when you are rich and living the high life to send us on a honeymoon too! Can you see your dad having to push me in a wheelchair on the boat and me having to deal with his however hes going to be like when he's old hahaha we just dont need to go there hahaha!
It looks like you had so much fun! Im so happy you two got a nice honeymoon. Ben and Matt have talked about going on a cruise in a couple years...you should come with us!
heather that looks awesome!!!! the food on cruise ships is seriously overwhelming. i am glad you didnt come off the boat being a a two ton tubby, bc i sure did. oops.
Post a Comment