Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Chef Heather

I've been wanting to try new recepies and things when I cook for Nick. We were looking through our cookbook this past Sunday to see what we should make for dinner. We had to find a recepie with all the ingredients that we already had in the house because we couldn't go to the store. The only one we came across was: 

Golden Nugget Meat Loaf.

 The title of it is NOT appealing, in my opinion... but we decided to try it.... and to our suprise, it was SOOOO good. Seriously. Probably the best meat loaf I've ever had. ( I'm not really a big meat loaf person.)Nick couldn't get over how tasty it was. It was super delicious. Here's the recepie! Make it for your family, they'll love you. 

1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
2 eggs
2 tsp milk
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 slices of bread, crumbled
1 onion, chopped
1/2 C grated raw carrot
1 C grated cheddar cheese

Topping: 
1/4 C catsup
1/4 C brown sugar
1 TBS prepared mustard

Combine the first nine ingredients and put into an 8 x 8-inch baking pan. Bake 45 minutes at 350. Mix topping ingredients and spread on meat loaf. Return to oven and combine baking for 15 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serves 6 to 8. 

Tonight, im making "chicken baked in orange juice." Sounds yummy. 
I'm gonna try it and we'll let you know how it ends up! 

2 comments:

Samye said...

Sounds yummy!! We love meatloaf, especially when you really have nothing else to eat! I make orange juice chicken and it is SOO good. I often make rice with the chicken that way you can use the sauce on top of the rice....and you can mix it with soy sauce (the orange juice)....i am getting hungry just thinking about it!!!

Stephanie said...

Awesome Heather! You're such a good wife. I'm in a total cooking rut, meaning I NEVER cook anymore. Sad, but maybe it'll come back to me soon. My best meal these days is spaghetti. Brigham always goes out to big lunches so I don't feel the need to make a really good dinner, you know?? But still let me know what you come across because I need some inspiration!