Tuesday, November 18, 2008

We finally got internet!

Well my dear friends, I'm SO happy because Nick and I finally got the internet installed in our humble abode. I have been missing being able to blog as often as I would like to, and now I can blog as often as I please! It's insane how much we use technology now days. I remember in the 6th grade, beepers and pagers were the COOLEST things EVER! You better believe I had a bright, neon, orange one I carried around. WHY? I really have no idea. It was just cool. I also remember in highschool TEXTING wasn't even known amongst me and my friends. Can you imagine? Texting in highschool? It was probably a good thing we didn't have it then, for my own education's sake. :) I LOVE my macbook pro laptop my dad so graciously handed down to me. I am so grateful and I think the whole world should own macs. :) I feel like I have abandoned it for the past month or two, because we haven't had the internet. SUCH a hard life, I know. With Thanksgiving coming up, I will take a moment to express my gratitude towards the internet.... and google. Thank you internet and google!

Speaking of Thanksgiving, Nick and I got our tickets to fly home to Texas next week! We are SO excited to spend it with my family and Nick's family will be flying down too! We are also excited for the open house and we can't wait to see everyone! :)

5 comments:

Samye said...

Glad you are back! I am excited to see all sorts of pictures- we too are mac fans...love them!!

k.young said...

Super fun! How fun to have both of your families together for Thanksgiving and the open house!

Nick Ferg said...

3 things:

1 - macs are weaksauce. pc's invented the internet

2 - you had a PAGER? i don't think i've ever even seen one!

3- they didn't have texting back in HS??? WOW, dear. there's almost an entire generation gap in between us! hahaha. i heart you.

Heather said...

Nicholas... one day you need to LOVE Macs. They are NOT weaksauce. I love you.

2. Yes I had a pager. I'll show you pictures. I looked smokin hot with my pager and overralls. You would have crushed on me even back then!

3. I think they DID have texting... but NONE of us used it! It got popular like right after I graduated I think! DEAR. I love you :)

Em said...

Shoot girl, I was texting in high school.....

texting my MOM that is. She'd text me in class to see if I wanted to head to Plano for some shopping! Needless to say, I missed a bit of class! :) That must have been my Senior year when you were already gone.

Oh, and ditto about the Macs.