I know I haven't blogged in a long time! So I figure I'm going to do that today. Ever since Nick asked me to marry him ( about 2 weeks ago) We have been running around like CRAZY trying to get things done. My mom flew up the next day and we got to work! It's really amazing how much we've gotten done, actually. I say, 5 weeks is plenty to plan a wedding. :) We wanted to get married October 24th, but my brother had a manditory hockey tournament that weekend that he couldnt miss... so we looked at the calendar. We even looked into November... BUT Nick and I hate the cold... especially Nick.... and we're thinking the sooner we do it, the less cold it will be. You never know with Utah weather though. I've always wanted a spring or summer wedding... but I'm actually quite excited because I LOVE the fall in Utah. Its absolutely beautiful. The date we picked is Friday OCTOBER 17th. ( So mark your calendars.) The leaves will be SO beautiful in the trees at that time. We are really excited. We are sending out invitations in a couple of days, so keep your eyes peeled.... Here's a list of everything we have accomplished so far:
* Booked a temple date
*Picked out and bought my wedding dress and shoes
*Picked out and ordered invitations
*Took engagement pictures
*Took bridal pictures
* Found a reception center, booked it.
* Picked out bridesmades dresses/Ordered them
*found a photographer for the wedding day/ booked her
* found a caterer
* booked a beautiful place for the luncheon
* found and booked a DJ
* figured out mostly what we'll be doing at reception and luncheon
* and many other little things too....
I sold my contract that I'm living in now, and Im so grateful for that. One of my main worries, is I need to find a place for Nick and I before this Saturday, because that's when Im moving out. Keep us in your prayers so we can find a place! It's been quite difficult actually. :) Above all, It's been so much fun planning this wedding. I'm really excited to get married in the Salt Lake temple. Besides the San Diego temple, It's one of my favorites. It's so historical and I feel so blessed. In the meantime, my tutoring business has taken off rather nicely! I feel the Lords hand in that. He has blessed me with 8 kids to tutor so far. It really has been a blessing. Each child is darling and I'm having so much fun helping them understand their school work. I only had 3 kids to tutor last week, and this week, I picked up 5 more. SUCH a blessing.
With all the craziness going on with wedding planning and stuff, I am in awe of the beautiful plan our father in heaven has for each of us. I have been waiting for this moment my WHOLE life, and it's finally here. Nick is more than I ever wanted in a boy and I am so grateful. The Lord truly knows what's going on in our lives and HE knows best. I am so grateful I am a member of His church and that Nick and I will be sealed together for time and all etetrnity in His house by the holy spirit of promise. I'm super excited to start this journey with Nick and to be his companion. It's been a lot of fun talking to each other about our goals and aspirations. He wants 10 kids, I've always wanted 4 or 5. We'll see how that goes. Haha. I told him we'll take one child at a time. :) He also told me he wants our home to be a missionary home, and Im so excited about that! Meaning, we'll have the missionaries over and have discussions with investigators. How fun! We also want to serve a few missions together sometime down the road. One day, we both want to travel the world. I'm SO excited for this wedding and even more excited for the temple ceremony. Thank you ALL of you for being SO sweet and supportive. I have felt so much love from you. Keep your eyes on the mailbox because the invitations will be coming soon! Love you all!
Things to remember:
I'm having an open house in Aubrey, Texas for my dear family and friends there. That will take place a few days after Thanksgiving. I'd LOVE to see you there.
Friday October 17~ We're getting married in the Salt Lake Temple
Friday October 17~ 7:00 pm, the party starts... aka reception @ Sun River Gardens in Orem, UT
( Since we're short on time, we'll just have a mini honeymoon that weekend in Park City or Midvale.. but we're hoping around Christmas time or SOMEtime, we can go on a cruise somewhere, we're still trying to figure that all out.)
What's A Sister For?
1 week ago

6 comments:
honeymoon for real later - totally recommend it. Blake and I got married around Thanksgiving and did the same as you guys, just took kind of a long weekend together. Then we went on our "real" honeymoon after Christmas. Such a good idea!
I'm impressed with how much you have done already, nice work. How on earth did you get a temple date for Salt Lake that quickly? Guess it helps that you are being sealed in the middle of October and not June-August :)
Good luck! He is adorable!
I am SOO impressed!! We planned our wedding in 7 weeks- so I can only imagine you are going nonstop doing it in 5! way to go!! good luck finding a place to live this week!!
Heather, thanks for the update. I've been thinking about you. I hope that you find a place to live really soon. It's a hard decision I know! So Nick wants 10 kids, huh? Good luck with that! I'm so sad I won't be able to be at any wedding stuff. :( I'm so happy for you! And I LOVE the Salt Lake temple. It makes for gorgeous pics!
Hiya! I loved the update. Thanks. I am so glad everything is going so well. And you talk so beautifully about marriage, it is so wonderful! You are so great. I can't wait to see the invites. I am sure they are perfect. Good luck finding somewhere to live. I am sure it will work out! Keep me posted!
got your announcement in the mail today. SUPER cute!
Hey Heather, Tell Nicky that I highly recommend the 10 kids thing! (I'm Kelly's friend &
Ty's mom)
Post a Comment