Tuesday, September 11, 2012

life is precious

Today I feel a lot of emotions and my heart is full. It's one of those days where I have really sat back and counted my many blessings and I stand in awe of them. Blessings completely from my Heavenly Father... and feeling so undeserving of them.

Recently, a dear friend from high school & his wife's little baby girl was diagnosed with a form of cancer called Neuroblastoma. She wasn't eating ( along with some other symptoms) so they took her to the ER and found a tumor in her little tummy. They found this out in May and she was just over a year old. She has been going through chemo to fight off the tumor ever since then and her poor parents have just been so devastated about the whole thing. Their faith and optimism about the whole thing have amazed me, though.

I have been following their blog about their sweet girl: Kamyryn and have been praying every day for them... especially for their baby girl and strength to fight the tumor. Even though we are of different faiths, it is so neat to see everyone come together to pray for them and to give them encouragement, support, dinners, love, and kind words. Kamryn's parent's: Chad and Shelley are such amazing people with enormous faith in their Savior, Jesus Christ and the healing power of the Atonement.

Baby Kamryn finished her last round of Chemo recently and yesterday she had surgery to possibly remove the cancerous tumor completely. I was so relieved and thankful to hear that the surgery went well and the tumor was 100% removed. What an absolute blessing.

I have really enjoyed seeing every post on facebook and their blog about their little girl being centered around Jesus Christ and their FAITH in Him. I don't know why certain families and people are faced with the difficult trials they are faced with in this life... but I do believe our Heavenly Father uses us as tools sometimes. Chad and Shelley have been such a positive, humbling force on the internet lately... through their difficult trial with their sweet daughter... I believe they have strengthened others' faiths who might have been wavering or possibly helped others to know of the Savior and his miracles. I know it has been such an emotional, tiring, difficult roller coaster they've been on these past few months having to see their baby girl in and out of the hospital & battling cancer.

{ You can read their blog HERE.}

UPDATE: ( I just read their blog... Please pray for Kamryn and her sweet family & her recovery. She is currently fighting pneumonia because the surgery was hard on her little body.}

Those of you who know me know I LOVE Taylor Swift. She has a new song out called "Ronan." It's about a little 4 year old boy who fought the same cancer Kamryn has been fighting... unfortunately, his little body couldn't fight the caner any longer and they had to bury him last May. OH, this broke my heart... I sat in my living room... tears gushing down my face over this story. { Read HERE for more details.} Especially everything my friend's baby girl and their family has been going through these past months. Taylor Swift had been following Ronan's mom's blog for a while, and read about the little boy's death... and decided to write a song.

Taylor is so great. She even got choked up singing this song. Bless that sweet family who lost their little boy.

Oh this made me cry.




I am feeling grateful today. I am so grateful for my sweet baby girl. I don't know what I would do if ANYTHING ever happened to her. I am holding her a little bit tighter today and pray I never take a single moment for granted with her or anyone I love.  As a mother... my heart aches for these mothers and fathers going through these difficult, difficult trials and I pray for them. I am thankful to doctors and the current medicines we have. I'm thankful for my husband and his huge heart to take on this special occupation to become a doctor one day and to help people.

Most importantly, my heart is full today because we have a loving Heavenly Father who is very aware of each of our lives... no matter our challenges, whether they be big or small, He cares. He is there. He loves each of us.... we need to have FAITH in Him and rely on Him always.

"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of  faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." 
- Ether 12:4

No comments: