This past week has been especially difficult for me. It has caused me to think more about life and how precious it really is. A good friend of mine from high school passed away last week. She was only 25 and was a fun, beautiful girl. She is probably one of the funniest people I've ever met. Even though we've lost touch over the years, I have and will never forget the wonderful memories I've had with her. I really was so shocked when I heard the news of her passing. I couldn't stop thinking about her and her family ( her brother was another really good friend of mine as well.) My heart has just been broken about the whole thing.
I also got very sick all last week. I couldn't get out of bed for a few days, had a fever, and just felt down right miserable. I instantly was grateful for my health and was anxious to get it back. Sweet Nick was so great and helped take care of Madeline so that I wouldn't get her sick. I was so so thankful for that.
So, feeling so sad and defeated last week... I felt like a million bricks were weighing on my soldiers. The thought of my dear sweet friend not here on the earth anymore was so heart breaking. The thought of her brother and her family having to deal with the pain was even more heart breaking.
Lately, I have been so busy with different things. I get that way, you know. I am a huge multitasker... always trying to do 20 different things at a time, usually not slowing down long enough to breath and to enjoy the little things around me. To be honest, I've been slacking on scripture reading and deep, meaningful personal prayers and I can feel the effect it's had on me.
Why is it when life gets crazy... you don't do the things that should be top priority on your list?
So laying in bed, thinking about my dear sweet friend... caused me to re-think my life once again. It reminded me about the important things in life. I repented for not praying and reading my scriptures as often as I should, and of course, I felt the loving arms of the Savior comforting me after that prayer. What a merciful Savior He is.
I was reminded that life is precious. We were all born into this earth and we will all pass away ~ we just don't know when. It's so important to hug the ones we love a little tighter, to serve our neighbors a little more, to cherish the moments we have with our loved ones, and not take life for granted. Most importantly, we should enjoy and cherish LIFE to the fullest.
This week and forever, I want to work on being a better wife, a better mother, a better daughter, a better sister, a better friend.
When I was on my mission in Argentina, I remember thinking, " Okay, this only is going to happen ONCE, soak in every moment and enjoy the ride...."
Well, LIFE should be treated the same way, don't you think? I think so.
I am SO grateful for the knowledge and good news the gospel of Jesus Christ brings. I am so thankful that because of our older brother, Jesus Christ's, atoning sacrifice; He has made it possible to be able to see our families and loved ones again and to live with them for eternity. Because He has broken the bands of death, our friends and loved ones who pass away in this life are still very much alive and we will see them again.
I am grateful for the gift of LIFE... for the opportunity I have to live and breathe each day. I am so grateful for a BEAUTIFUL little girl and an AMAZING husband and a wonderful family and friends. What did I do to deserve them?
If you're reading this, and you've lost a loved one recently or anytime in your life, I pray you can find peace and comfort knowing you WILL see them again someday and that Heaven really isn't that far away. I pray we can find joy in the little things each day and never take a moment with our loved ones for granted.
Our beloved prophet has summed up how I've been feeling perfectly in this short video:
Pigs And Dogs
3 days ago

1 comment:
Great post Heather. Thanks for sharing. A good reminder for me as well... this life does only happen once, slow down and enjoy it. Thanks for the tips! :)
Post a Comment