Madeline is already 2 months old! What!? Where did the time go?
This second month has been a lot different than the first. Madeline is more alert and awake... but something sad has happened.... we think we might have a colic baby on our hands. Up until a couple of weeks ago, we hardly heard Madeline cry. We actually thought it was odd that she never cried, but we weren't complaining. :) Now, sadly, all she seems to do is cry. :(
We took her to the doctor for her 2 month shots ( sad day... but she actually did better than I thought, and I did better than I thought :)) and the doctor wanted to get her checked to see if she had Pyloric stenosis. This is something Nick suffered from when he was a newborn and he had to get surgery. Madeline got a little ultra sound and luckily, she doesn't have that... but the doctor did say it looks like she has reflux. She's had a difficult time eating, lots of vomiting ( lots and lots ) and lots of crying.... so that makes since.
However, we were looking at symptoms of "colic" and she has them all. Yesterday was probably the worst day Madeline has ever experienced on this earth. ( She probably wishes she was still in the pre-existence by now, I'm sure.) She screamed and screamed and screamed all day and night yesterday ( sorry neighbors.) The kind of screaming and crying where she isn't breathing and her face turns purple. My heart just broke seeing her that way. We tried comforting her, feeding, burping, singing, beat boxing... but nothing seemed to soothe her.
I heard loud noises ( like vaccums and blow dryers ) seem to help soothe babies with colic. So, today... my vacuum has been running constantly and madeline seems happier. Whatever works, I guess. I pray this passes soon. If any of you have had colic babies in the past... I'd LOVE ANY advise!! anything! :)
MADELINE AT 2 MONTHS:
7 lbs 9 oz 20 inches( 1 percentile )
she LOVES to be burped. loves, loves it.
she LOVES to be held and snuggled.
she's a lot more alert and is very sensitive to our voices. She turns her head towards us when we're talking.
doesn't love getting into a new change of clothes
LOVES car rides.
loves when Nick sings to her "munk style" ( picture a munk singing in an old cathedral.) strange.
We love this girl!!!!

1 comment:
My mom had eight colicky babies, sounds SO hard! She said putting pressure on the babies belly works sometimes. So holding them somewhat face down with your hand on the belly. Car-rides, bouncy seats, and sometimes a revision of diet if you're nursing. Jordan had some colic, but for some reason he just cried all day, not too much at night. We went on LOTS of walks in the stroller. I just bundled him up tight. :)Good luck!
Post a Comment