NOTE: Read this at your own risk. There might be a lot of negativity in this post... I've been sick. Give me a break. :) This is my journal and you are welcome to keep reading:
Well folks. Turns out the docs were wrong on the whole kidney stone thing.
I have been in agony and experiencing this excruciating pain { feel sorry for me yet? } since last Wednesday thinking it was a stone or two. { I had stones back in 2006 when I was in the MTC. } Nick took me to the Insta Care here in Provo Thursday to see what the deal was. They did a urine sample and figured it must be a stone.
WRONG.
We've been calling our doctor over and over again wondering what we could do to help "this stone" pass and leave me alone so that I could get back to student teaching { I've already missed 4 days... and I can't really afford to miss} so I've been really stressed out over that... and who knows when a stone will pass! You know what I mean?
Since I'm pregnant, there's not much they can do for me but wait.
Luckily, I went in for an ultra sound to check my kidneys to see if there was any fluid in there. Nope. So what is it then? No one was calling me back from the doctors office and it seemed as though no one really cared. { small violin playing.} I was ticked. and frustrated.
When I finally broke down yesterday { on my way out the door to the elementary school.... I dropped to our steps on our front porch and put my hands in my head, tears streaming down.} Being pregnant doesn't help these emotions. Nick knows I hardly cry.... so he was there to comfort me and put his foot down: " That's it. We're going in to the doctor instead of trying to talk to them on the phone." So that was that. We got in the car and drove to American Fork to see our dear doctor.
He said my white blood count was high.... it hurt when he pressed on my bladder.... and I had all signs pointing to KIDNEY INFECTIONS.
Because I waited so long, the infection was definitely in both kidneys. I've been nauseated and in pain for a number of days and I could barely function. The doctor checked the baby and he said she was doing very well. { Thankfully... because that was worrying me too.}
He quickly wrote me up to get some antibiotics and I had to get a shot in my butt. { OUCH!} They said the pain should go away with in a day or so. { I can't TELL you how happy I was that we finally found a solution!!! What a blessing!!!!}
I went home happy and relieved that all would be well soon.
Except... I didn't sleep at all last night b/c my stomach was hurting so bad. I waited until about 2pm today to call the doctor to see if it would go away, and it never did. The doctor told me to come in immediately to get ANOTHER butt shot.
I was once again miserable but drove myself to the doctor's office. It's now 8 pm and I'm feeling a bit better. My poor body has definitely taken a toll... and I can feel it hard at work trying to fight off this yucky infection. { I feel like I've been hit by a semi-truck and I have now acquired a sore throat and headaches.}
Okay, I am seriously finished complaining now. I have really been thinking a lot about all the wonderful things in my life. I was reading a lot of scriptures today about "being patient." Wow there are so many wonderful examples in the scriptures of those who "waited patiently in their trials and tribulations." { I am now working on being patient and not complaining in the process. :)
Even though my struggles have been SO MINOR compared to those I read about in the scriptures and other people in this world... they are still MY struggles... and I'm grateful for them. WHY? Because they help me grow and realize my many blessings.
Through this silly little trial, I have strengthened my relationship with my Heavenly Father. He has humbled me and reminded me that I can't do things by myself... I need to rely on HIM completely. I am SO grateful. I am also reminded that he loves me and you with such a perfect love. He is so mindful of us. What a loving father in Heaven we have. He is there with out stretched arms... all we have to do is let Him in. It's as simple as that.
I think I'll be good as new here in a few days... let's hope! I'm so thankful for doctors, for my sweet husband, and for prayer.
ps- While we're on the subject of blessings and tender mercies... another way our Heavenly Father shows His love for us is definitely through other people. For example:
~ Monday, I was very ill and not feeling well. Our dear friends McKell and Jason offered to come over and make us dinner, plan family night, AND cut Nick's hair! Talk about true friends!! That really was so nice of them and it was so good for my soul.
~ That same day, I was very sad about being ill and not being able to do my student teaching... I received a phone call from the head director of the Elementary Education department at UVU telling me that an intern dropped out of teaching at an elementary school in Orem and they are in need of someone else to teach full time. { This would require teaching until the end of the school year, but our baby is due in January}. Anyway, He said my name was mentioned and they would like to offer me a chance at this position. { WHAT AN HONOR!} I was thrilled. Unfortunately, I turned it down because I felt it was more important to stay at home with our little baby. It's okay though, that whole thing completely raised my spirits!
The Things That Howl In The Night
5 days ago

1 comment:
Wow, Heather! Your in our prayers! I know this sounds weird but I feel like I know you better through facebook and the blog. Your in our prayers! Smile
Post a Comment