Nick has recently received a few phone calls to fly out to their medical schools for an interview. We are so thrilled! So far we have heard from TCOM in Fort Worth, Texas; Western University in Pomona, California; and Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania....
This past weekend was his first interview and he rocked it! ( Well, I wasn't there, but I'm sure he did.) He had nothing but wonderful things to say about the school and the people there. He actually has a few buddies that attend there at the moment, so it was fun for him to see those guys too. He looked so sharp in his suit as he left the house last Saturday morning for his interview. So proud of him!!
We are totally looking forward to driving to California in a few weeks for his 3rd interview in Pomona. It's my fall break and our anniversary, so I was able to talk Nick into letting me go with him. I am SOOO excited to spend some time with my dear friend Emily, Ben, and their cute family. Ben just started residency at Loma Linda and he's loving it. They just moved into a beautiful home close to Redlands. I can't wait to meet their newest addition to their family, Olivia! I am also super excited to see my dear friends Kristi, Ean and their baby girl, Anna and of course her sweet parents. I have SO many wonderful memories from Kristi's home and I absolutely love going and spending time with them. I have been so blessed with such wonderful friends!
I was grateful to be able to fly to Texas with Nick to spend some quality time at home and to see my parents and puppies ( Jack, Lexi and Lily). I always love coming home for a visit. I'm sad I won't get to come home for Thanksgiving or Christmas ( due to the large belly I will have and they won't let me travel) so I was so glad I got to go home for a few short days.
( This is my lovely home in Aubrey. Sadly, this is the only picture I have! No, it definitely wasn't snowing when I was home... and it rarely snows.... but they have been going through a 3 month heat wave ( never reaching less than 100 degrees!) Luckily, when I was there... it dropped down to 70 degrees. My favorite weather!
Side note: I can't believe how AWFUL I've been about documenting our lives.... PICTURE-LESS. I really need to be better about that! Sorry, readers.
Let's see... what else is new....
I've officially started student teaching at an elementary school here in Provo. I LOVE it! I love the teacher I work with. She's young and hip and is a fantastic teacher! We work well together. :) I worked with her for 2 days... and then she had to take off to Hawaii for a week for a funeral. I had the grand opportunity to dive right into student teaching and be in complete control. I felt like a little girl again... forcing my poor neighbor friends to play school with me... only this time, it was real! I absolutely LOVE these little ones. They are 7 and 8 years old and want nothing more than to please you and get rewards. :) I love second grade. I also have a little autistic boy in my class ( who I have come to love dearly) and he always has interesting things to say to me. Yesterday, he said, " Mrs. Ferguson. What I am about to tell you is VERY serious. I'm not kidding around. Two days ago, I wittnessed a kindergartner throwing up in the music room." ........... ME: " Alrighty. Okay, thank you for letting me know. Have a seat now." :) Oh I love these kids.
Nick is constantly busy with his calling in church as the ward mission leader. He is very diligent at his calling and takes it very seriously. He's so wonderful. He goes to the half way house once a week to teach gospel lessons. He loves it! Tonight, we are having FHE with a couple who's been inactive for a few years. I feel blessed to be able to be apart of missionary work in this ward. We love our ward by the way. Our bishop is an absolute stud. He recently came home from serving as mission president in Houston Texas, they have a huge family, and a chicken coop! Whatever. so cool! I love those guys. Plus, my dear friends: Leland (kristi's brother) and Charla are in our ward. ( Lee bob has been one of my dearest friends for YEARS.) How fun!
I love my calling as first councilor in the Young Womens. We only have about 5 girls in our YW, but I love them each dearly. We all have a lot of fun together. I absolutely LOVE teaching and being apart of their sweet lives.
Hmm... what else can I bore you with?
I am definitely looking more and more pregnant these days. Nope, I definitely am NOT posting pictures, so don't fret. I am 24 weeks now and feel SOOO blessed because I haven't felt nauseated in a couple of weeks now. I can't explain how I feel about that!! SUCH a relief. This little baby girl Madeline is a complete blessing in our lives and I can feel her strong, sweet spirit already. My mom said I had a strong spirit when I was in the womb.... and I have a feeling my little one might be similar to me. Uh oh. All I can say is... Heaven help Nick. :) I've been having a blast registering online at Baby's R Us and Target for baby stuff! I bought a large box of baby wipes from Costco today to start stocking up! So fun!
also, I found out I need to stay away from Gluten foods and soy and highly acidic foods. So basically, air and dirt are okay. If any of you know of any good gluten free foods, let me know! Pintrest has been a wonderful help!
I hope all of you are doing well. I feel like I'm writing in my journal... and I sort of am... so I'm very sorry if I bored you all to tears... but if you've gotten THIS far on this post... you must not be that bored or you're a close friend of mine, right? :)
Either way, thanks for pretending to be interested in our silly lives. Happy Monday!
Love, Heather
PS- I absolutely am SO giddy for this Autumn. October has become one of my most favorite months! Bring on the spiced candles, Alpine Loop drive, caramel apples, cardigans, hot soups, and halloween decor!!!


2 comments:
hahah i loved this post. and guess what, while i was in san fran this weekend i saw a cafe called cafe madeline. it was really cute. post preggo pics! and interview in az already, duh!!!!
can't wait to see you in a month!!! Miss you Heather
Post a Comment