I feel like I have an "eye" for great photography, but I'm missing something very important : professional, custom editing on photoshop.
I have never had the opportunity to take a Photoshop class or even learn much about it. I'm definitely self taught in the "editing" area as well, but I realize I can only do so much with raw images that don't have much "ummphh" to them. This past year (my first year on the job) I've tried my absolute hardest to make sure to take pictures when the lighting is PERFECT (because I knew I didn't have photoshop to help me out). Well, that's worked for me a lot of the time, but other times, the weather decided it didn't want to cooperate. I've realized I can't just rely on the right lighting to get great pictures. In this day and time, you must be an artist with photoshop as well as an artist with the camera. I want my photos to POP. I want them to stand out. I want them to be perfect. I want them to fit the personality of my clients. I've always known the "look" I've been wanting and the only thing I'm missing is some photoshop action.
Ladies and Gentlemen, come 2011, you will see a *new and improved* Heather Annette Photography. New photos, fresh and custom designed. I'm hoping to achieve the look I've always longed for in my photos. My images will improve, I will be spending a lot more time editing each photo to perfection, and hopefully my little business will improve as well. My pricing will most likely go up a tad... but in the end: "you get what you pay for" and you will treasure those photos for years to come.
Right now I only charge $250. (This is my sitting fee AND you receive ALL your images on a disc.) Most photographers charge between $200-300 just for their sitting fee and hundreds of dollars more for the copyright release to the images. This is because SO much work goes behind EACH image. It's not just 1-2 hours of the photo shoot you're paying for... it's the 15 hours that goes into editing and detailing each of your photos as well. I sure didn't know that before I got into this business and I think it's important for people to understand what they're paying for. MY goal is to still be affordable AND produce wonderful images for my clients.
Sorry for that little tangent. :)
I'll be learning from one of my most favorite photographers that I've found in Utah. It will cost me a pretty penny, but she's going to teach me ( one-on-one ) everything she knows, so it will be worth every dime. I am SO excited. I think this is JUST the thing I need to succeed in this crazy photography world! Check out some of her photos:


I love the sparkly eyes and the soft color tones!

She added a beautiful sky! In this one... Amazing.

I love the color "pop" in this image.

She does wonders with lighting and photoshop. I can't wait to learn! There's so much to learn!

I love the sharpness and boldness of this photo.
Right now I'm offering photo shoots for $250.
Come January/February of 2011, my pricing will change.
visit:
heatherannette.com for more information!

3 comments:
Dear Heather, I wish I had a good reason to have a photo shoot with you right now! And I hope your business grows as much as you want it to but that it's not too big to do my engagement/ wedding photography when the time comes!
Gotta love that photoshop. I've had a lot of fun with these:
http://www.photoshoproadmap.com/Photoshop-blog/2008/04/01/100-wonderful-photo-effects-photoshop-tutorials/
Lomo and cross processing are my favorites.
Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment