Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pumpkin Bars

Tonight, Nick and I are staying home and watching a scary movie while munching on homemade pumpkin bars and sipping hot chocolate. I love this time of year! And it just keeps getting better... (until January comes.... then it's just depressing... but that's when I look forward to the Spring!)

Right now, I've got some spices on the stove to make my home smell like Autumn!
(A medium pot filled half way with water, a handful of cloves, a whole lemon and orange sliced, and some cinnamon sticks. I just let this simmer on the stove all day. It lasts for a week! Heavenly.)

I'm making this delicious treat tonight. MMMM. I make them every year!
October is one of my most favorite months for so many reasons!
Pumpkin bars is one of those reasons why I love October so much.

Here's the recipe:


PUMPKIN BARS

2 cups flour

2 cups sugar

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp nutmeg

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp cloves

1 cup oil

2 cups pumpkin

4 eggs

Cream Cheese Frosting

8 oz cream cheese

1/2 cup butter

1 lb powdered sugar

1 Tbs vanilla

Directions

Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease & flour a large sheet pan (15x10 pan). Combine all bar ingredients and mix at low speed for 2 minutes. Pour into pan and bake 25-30 minutes. Cool.

For the frosting, cream butter and cream cheese together until fluffy. Add powdered sugar and vanilla; mix on low until sugar is combined and then mix on high until fluffy.

Spread Frosting over cooled bars and enjoy! Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.


I'm going to make dinner in a pumpkin next week! Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

This is one awesome recipe. Is this the one we got in Las Vegas when we were stealing that ladies treats??? Then we had to admit that we ate them because we wanted the recipe so bad? I definitely remember Emily doing it... haha SO funny!!!! I really need to get around to making these, but I will probably just eat the whole pan!