Thursday, October 14, 2010

life

Since Madison's tragic death last week, I have been pondering a lot about MY life.
We could lose our loved ones in a split second... we don't know when it's our time to go... I think sometimes we forget the precious gift called "life" is not to be taken for granted.

I grew up in a loving home. I love my childhood memories.
I loved watching my brother and sisters grow up...

I loved being the center of attention...


I loved Disneyland and going on vacations with my family. We would go every year!

Growing up, we had a HUGE backyard. All the neighbor kids were over all the time. We had a trampoline, a horse troff for a swimming pool, and my dad built us an awesome tree house. We had sleep overs in it all the time! My childhood was a good one.

Then I grew up a little more... and started High school. I remember feeling so nervous attending my first day at this HUGE school. I'm so glad I joined the volleyball team. I made so many new friends and loved every minute of it. I loved high school. I loved being involved: like student council and ASL club. I was very social and tried to be friends with everyone. I loved my friends. Four years came and gone, and before I knew it, it was time to graduate high school. It seemed like life couldn't get any better than high school! I was sad to see it end. Never in a million years did I think I would lose touch with the people I held close to my heart... but life happened... and I lost touch with many people. Even though I don't talk to these people much anymore, I still love them and they will always be a little piece of me.

Thankfully, there are still those I've known forever and I'm still close to, to this day.

My how we grow.

Then I moved to Utah. I was scared and nervous to move somewhere where I knew NO ONE. It was time to start college. I attended BYU my first semester and I'm SO grateful I did!

I made so many fun memories with some amazing people.
My first roommate, Emily, is my best friend to this day. She has been such a huge part of my life and I love her. She also married my cousin, Ben.


Steph is another person who touched my life. know we will always be friends!!

I really have met such amazing people while being in Provo!

It's been fun to watch my dear friends get married and have babies...

How blessed am I to have met such wonderful people!

I have really come to love Provo. Texas will always be my home, but Provo is right there next to it. I have especially enjoyed the beauty of Utah. One of my favorite past times is riding my bike.

... and going on road trips to California with wonderful friends.
(Kristi: a loyal, down to earth, fun, tender hearted friend. )
She has been nothing but a blessing in my life and I am so grateful for her!

As time went on, I decided I wanted to serve a mission for my church.
I got my call to Argentina! I was SO excited! I was nervous to learn Spanish... but I learned it!

My mission changed my life.
I miss these sweet people. I hope I can go back one day.

Never in a million years did I think I'd meet my future husband in the MTC!
I'm so glad he called me when he got home 2 years later!

We hit it off... and were married 5 months later!

This was the best day of my life! It was perfect!

Nick and I moved into our first little rental house in Orem.

I have LOVED getting to know Jason and McKell.
Jason and Nick have been best friends since they were 8 years old.
McKell and Jason are such wonderful friends and I love having them apart of my life!
They are such a huge part of our lives.

I love Steven and Melinda! They have been so great to me and Nick!
I've known Steven forever and Melinda's family moved right behind my family in Texas.
I love that they got married because they're so perfect together.

I love life because you are always meeting new people along the way.
Not only meeting new people... but wonderful people that are additions to your family!

I have loved having Lance as a brother-in-law!

I have developed new talents and hobbies.

and watched my brother grow up and send him off on his mission to Brazil.

Sometimes in life... we lose people we love dearly.
This is the hard part of life. Even though they are much happier and in a better place... it's hard knowing they are no longer with us on this earth. Thank goodness for the knowledge of the gospel and knowing we will see them again one day.

I lost my cousin cameron a few years ago because he got very sick from going in a cave in Hawaii. The doctors couldn't ever figure out what was wrong until it was too late. He passed away in the ICU at the age of 21. I was there. It was very sad.

My other cousin, Tannon, who I grew up with, passed away when I was on my mission.
He was floating the river in Idaho and got hurt badly. He died at only 20 years old.
It was devastating. Especially because I was in the MTC and not with my family. I said lots of comforting prayers and felt everything would be okay. I miss this kid.

MeMe and Granddad have been such a light in my life. They are my foster grandparents and I have so many fond memories with them. I am so grateful to them and the love they've shown to my family through out the years. They are such wonderful examples and loving people. They passed away within a couple of months of each other. Luckily, I had just returned from my mission, and I got to see them one last time. Granddad passed away in Africa because he fell off of a balcony... it was too much trauma on his body. Meme passed away shortly after because she found out she had cancer. I will never forget them and I always carry a special place for them in my heart. This was in 2007.

Ah life.
You never know what each day will bring!
Life really is like a roller coaster. There's always going to be ups and downs.
Try to see the good in everything. And if you can't, get on your knees and pray.
Remember that each breath you take is a gift from God. Be kind, be patient, be charitable.

"In all living, have much fun and laughter, Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured."
- Gordon B. Hinkley

I can't believe that I was once a little girl and now I'm married and a grown woman.
Time really does fly. I hope I have 50 more years on this earth to continue to learn and grow! I can't wait till tomorrow to read my scriptures, pray, or tell my husband how wonderful he is. I need to do those things NOW! What if there is no tomorrow? Live everyday to the fullest!

I want my family to know how much I love them. They are each so great and they have played such important roles in my life! I hope they know how much I love each of them... and if they don't... well, I need to do a better job at showing them!





2 comments:

Emily said...

What a sweet post on your life. I love how it is your life in a nutshell! Miss you Heather

jessH said...

I didn't know you met your husband in the MTC. I met mine there too. How funny. What a great post.