Thursday, September 30, 2010

WHAT?!



Yesterday as I was walking around the ghetto side of Provo, hanging up flyers hoping to find Zoe, I couldn't help but notice a bum walking towards me. I've seen this man around before, only this time, he had a new wardrobe on. He was sporting a new sweater, new jeans, and some new kicks. Not to mention, he was drinking a slurpee from 7-11.

I kept minding my business... hanging up flyers.

As I hung the flyers, I kept calling out Zoe's name, just incase she was around.

Me: "Zoe!... Zoe! ( whistle, whistle).... Zoe!"


Homeless man: " WHAT?!!"

The man had answered me, YELLING back "WHAT!?"

Awkward... I thought.

It was possibly one of the most awkward moments I've had in a while. This guy wasn't even that far from me. I didn't want to make eye contact, so I quickly finished hanging my flyer and crossed the street. Did that just happen?

Yes, yes indeed.

I got in my car and laughed to myself all the way to the next block.
What a funny little man.

Quite possibly one of the funniest moments of my life... and I've had quite a few of those.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Funny, Heather. :) Situations like that are SO WEIRD.