Tuesday, September 14, 2010

lots of words.

This is going to be another post where it's just pure rambling. Just a warning.

Well, school has started all over again. I'm in my second semester of the teaching program at UVU. I am SO grateful to finally be here. It really feels great to be in the teaching program. I've met a lot of really great girls and have learned a lot. I have always wanted to be a teacher ever since I was a little girl. ( you can ask anyone I grew up with... bless their hearts... (especially Ashley, she was such a good sport.) I played school at least twice a day, and I was always the teacher. Oh how I've always wanted to be a teacher. I love teaching! I also finished MATH this summer. You heard me... I FINISHED. forever! I never thought this day would come. :)

Nick has been really busy with school as well. He is so cute. I love how much he LOVES school. See... I really don't like school much at all. I'd MUCH rather be the one teaching and in charge than the one doing all the reading and homework. Nick is SO diligent and he LOVES to learn. The other night I caught him looking at a friend's BIOLOGY text book. He was just reading it for fun... seriously. Nick LOVES science and he's good at it too. He's shadowing doctors this semester, doing medical research with professors, and he volunteers weekly at the hospital here in Provo. He's so great and works SO hard. I hardly see him during the school year... I know this is just the beginning of a long road.
I support him 100%, though and I'm so proud of him.

Ashley and I "launched" our boutique. We are really excited about it. We really appreciate your kind comments and your patience with us "advertising" all of our little businesses on blogger and facebook! haha. You guys are seriously the best, so thank you!

This past week, my mom flew up and visited for a few days. It's always nice having family around. I wish they would just buy a house in Utah, already! They might as well! :) This past Sunday was SO great. I felt SO lucky and blessed to go to regional conference to hear from Elder Snow, Sister Beck, Elder Holland, and President Packer. Wow. What a great, uplifting meeting. This is one of the perks of living in beautiful Utah. Seriously. Their messages were so powerful, wonderful, and refreshing. Last week, I took out my leather bound journal ~ my tender mercies journal. I got this idea from Elder Eyring. I really want to make a habit of writing in this journal each night before I go to bed ~ you write down something that you noticed that day where the Lord showed tender mercies or just had His hand in your life that day. It really makes life that much sweeter when you recognize those things and then write them down. I want to be better at that because I think it's so important. We can be reminded even more each day of the personal love our Heavenly Father has for each of us.

When I walked out of the stake center in Provo, this was the view from the parking lot.
Pure BLISS! The beautiful mountains with angel moroni smack dab in the middle.
( I am also excited to drive the Alpine loop again when the leaves are all colorful!
It's like driving into a world where a rainbow burst and covered everything in sight with it's majestic colors. Heavenly.)

We went to the Gateway last weekend and some huge Brazilian gathering was going on.
I immediately smiled inside because I thought of my brother serving the Brazilian people.
I took a few pictures to send to him. I felt that much closer to him that day.
I also walked right past Mindy Gledhill.
She was alone, shopping. I should have said hi. I love her music!

Lance served his mission in France.
He took us to this AWESOME Belgiun French Bakery in Salt Lake... it was the most amazing food I have ever tasted. Seriously. SO much flavor! That waffle with cream and strawberries was TO DIE FOR. Even the french fries were amazing! YUM.

SO bad for you... but SO good!

HEAVEN.

Lance and Ashley are hoping to turn their sno cone shack in Provo into a French Bakery like the one in Salt Lake. They have already ordered food from France and it's on it's way. This is going to be a HIT in Provo! They're going to serve Belgiun Waffles, Fries, crepes, and hot chocolate. ALL strait from france. DE-LISH.

I hope this school year is off to a great start for YOU.
Remember to take time to "smell the roses" during your busy hours.
Life will be that much sweeter if you do! :)

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Let me just say, I've never met ANYONE like you and Ash, and I guess Lance too, who just gets an idea and RUNS WITH IT. You guys are awesome. I hope I can try their food sometime.

Ali said...

SO thats the waffle and fries thing you were talking about...YUMMMM!!!!! Also I checked out your guys boutique...seriously SOO cute! You girls are very talented!

Michelle Pearson said...

I love that Belgian place! So unhealthy but very yummy! It sounds like you guys are doing really well!!! Miss you!

Katherine Young said...

that belgian place looks AMAZING!!!!! i will need to go there, stat.

The Fabela Family said...

I had to go try the waffle after reading your post.... Loved it! So YUMMY!