Wednesday, April 21, 2010

temporary home

I had never heard this song before... until just recently and it is so beautiful. I absolutely love the lyrics. The beginning of the song reminds me of my dad when he was a young boy. He grew up in a broken home, his mom and dad separated when he was a baby, and his mom left him at a young age of 12 years old. He lived under bridges and in cars until he became a bit older. I believe he knew in his heart, that time in his life was his "temporary home" and he is now blessed with a home and family of his own. In the end, this earth is our temporary home and we are all trying to get to the same place.... a place where we can be with our family forever and in the presence of our Heavenly Father and Savior. What a beautiful song and a great reminder to us all ~ especially the heavy laden and sad hearts... if we can just endure to the end and enjoy this journey called life... we will be okay.

I loved when Carrie received her reward for this song .... she thanked God and Jesus Christ... and the country music crowd CHEERED. It made me really happy to hear that "celebrities" and large groups of people in the TV industry still believe in God and rely on Him.

3 comments:

Broke.As.A.Joke. said...

Omg are you talking about when she won the award the other night and the crowd cheered when she thanked God? I thought that was so awesome too!

acos said...

i really really loved this!!

Katy said...

I absolutely love this song. Thanks for posting the video!