Monday, February 15, 2010

My Valentine



Nick and I had such a lovely weekend! It's been a lot of fun spending time with him. We went to Rumbi grill for dinner ( because I love it and haven't eaten there in forever.) We also went and saw the movie: Valentines Day. It was cute... some parts were a bit slow, some parts weren't needed (tackyness...) but other than that- funny movie. I love going to the movies! Sunday morning I woke up to ADORABLE notes all around the house with things Nick loves about me. My heart melted. I LOVE things like that.


After church, I made Nick steak ( found a great deal at smiths!), baked potato, and asparagus. I even got sparkling juice for us to drink. It was delicious, I must say! :)


My gift to Nick was a lot of fun to do. I got this idea from my friend, Katy. Genius! There's this free "Card generator" online and it makes these adorable, vintage looking library cards for you. All for free! You just print them off on card stock and put them in a cute box. What I did was type up all of our special memories ( first kiss, engagement, wedding day, first date, ect...) and put the dates (where the call number would go) and wrote about it on each card. I also added a picture to put on the back of each card as well. I hope this is all making sense! I want to keep up with this because this is something we'll have forever and our children would love to look at it too! Speaking of children...

Jason and McKell went to the doctor today to find out the sex of their baby!!! We were SO excited. It seriously felt like Christmas getting a phone call from them this morning. We immediately went over to their apartment and helped them think of a cute scavenger hunt for both of their families to do ( both families live in Orem.) We thought of 3 different places, made up riddles and clues, and sent them on their way. They had a lot of fun with it.

Here's Nick and Jason brainstorming....


The clues at each of the places were little pictures from the ultra sound. We wrote the riddles on the back of those. (they were copies of course.) The families came back to Jason and McKell's to find out if it was a boy or a girl....



Jason and McKell made a cute little cake that said " Boy or Girl?" and McKell cut into it... to find.....


blue in the middle!

They're having a BOY! Due July 4th!

We are so excited for them! I can't wait to take her newborn shots too! ;)

2 comments:

Samye said...

speaking of children...you are so sneaky! I love the idea of the scavenger hunt...and Nick sounds like such a gem for doing those wonderful things for you!!

The Risenmays said...

Heather, you are too cute. What a good idea!

Also, so excited for Jason and McKell too. Love little baby boys :)