Friday, September 25, 2009

CALLED TO SERVE....

My brother got his mission call in the mail this morning! I was able to watch it all through SKYPE from Utah. :) It was super exciting. I remember that feeling of opening my mission call! So many emotions at once! CJ was super excited and nervous.

He will be serving in the CURITIBA BRAZIL MISSION and will leave for the MTC in Brazil on January 13th!

I am SUPER excited for him! He is WAYYYY excited!


If you look at this map.... you can see his mission ( Curitiba) and then to the left of it... you see Argentina. Well, MY mission actually touches HIS! See in the top right corner of Argentina that little part that sticks out? That was MY mission! One of my areas was there ( near the Iguazu waterfalls.) Anyway, I remember seeing Brazil over the river. Little did I know, that's where my little brother would be serving one day! :)


CJ is way excited and has been waiting for this moment his whole life! I'm so proud of him. He even gave up hockey... or at least put it on hold... to serve his Heavenly Father. ( for those of you who know CJ, KNOW how important his hockey career is to him.)
Fortunately, the Lord comes FIRST in his life. :)

He will be an outstanding missionary!

4 comments:

Katherine Young said...

yay!!! i am so excited for him!!!!

Stephanie said...

Awesome! Congrats!

Beifuss Family said...

I love that...his mission is right across the river from where you served! Now you can picture him there! That is really incredible.... and out of all the missions around the world!

Alison said...

wow, that's really exciting! mike served his mission in sao paulo brazil!